Monday, January 08, 2007

Seaching High And Low

Yesterday should have been just a typical Sunday morning for me. Wake up late after a marathon watching of whatever drama that took my fancy, have a late breakfast while watching television and then start house cleaning. It took an sms message from another Rain fan to get my ass moving out of the house in my house dress while the sun is up and shining (boy it was hot). Now I'm digressing, the message was that Rain is being featured in one of the biggest newspapers here in the Philippines, not it the enternainment section mind you but in the main section of the paper. And as an added inspiration, they used his recent photo.

So there I was checking out all the newstand that I know in my community at 11:00 am without an umbrella because I was so excited! But my excitement was shortlived, for some unknown reason all the copies of Phil. Daily Inquirer was sold out. I would like to think I have lots of unknown Bi fans in my neighborhood, hehehe....

So I went home frustrated, tired and thirsty...I really want a copy of that newspaper. I may have looked really downcast because my mom suddenly volunteered to check if there are still copies left near the church and the market. So there goes my mom with an umbrella (smart move) and my four year old nephew in tow walking in broad daylight just to get me a copy of the newspaper but sobs...they came back with a big bottle of cola but no PDI.

Good thing Sharlene scanned the paper and posted it in Cloud Philippines. So for those like me who was not lucky to get the paper, here's a short transcript of the article.

King of K-Pop

"The year 2006 has been very eventful for Korean pop star Jung Ji-hoon, better known as Rain to his legions of fans.

In February, the 24-year old king of K-pop sold out two shows at the Madison Square Garden, New York City. Thanks largely to his killer body and flash dance moves, Rain has successfully built up a reputation in America, although some critics argues that he owes much of his immediate success to American pop stars such as Michael Jackson and Usher from whom he draws out inspiration.

Two months after his US debut, the multitalented star was named as one of the world's 100 Most Influential People by TIME Magazine, along with Condelizza Rice, George Clooney and Russell Crowe. In a related article the US Weekly called him a "Korean Justine Timberlake" and the face of "Pop Globalism".

On Dec. 15, he embarked on his "World Tour" that features 35 concerts in 12 countries over 5 months. Rain also made his big-screen bebut in Director Park Chan-Wook's "I'm A Cyborg But It's Ok" which is now showing in Korea.

The weather forcast is that it's gonna be wet for K-pop fans."

2 Comments:

Blogger Miss Cheah said...

Hi Marissa,
It is just 19 more days until Rain comes to Malaysia but I have yet to buy a ticket using online or phone booking as the computer system for the booking office is down due to the damage caused by the earthquake in Taiwan. I hear that other Rain fans are also in the same dilemma. As I am busy with work, I have no time to go to the capital city to get my ticket. However, I am assured that tickets for all the different seatings are still available and I will be able to get them by Thursday.
If I am successful in getting a ticket to watch his concert. I promise to fill you in on the details and also furnish you with photos, if I am allowed to take any. After all that you have done for fans of Rain in this blog, I feel that it is only fair if I contribute a bit.
Cheers!
Li Na

4:18 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Hi Lina,

Wow just a few more weeks and you can finally see Bi perform. I do hope you can get a ticket by thursday. I will highly appreciate any account from you.

Happy New Year!

Marissa

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home