Saturday, December 02, 2006

Jung Ji Hoon, "Wanted to take director's abilities"

"If I could, I thought that I wanted to take the director's abilities."

Singer Rain (Bi) who is also actor Jung Ji Hoon had a meaningful initiation rite. Jung Ji Hoon who is making his screen debut through the movie 'Cyborg, but that's okay,' that will be opening on the 7th and is directed by Park Chan Wook, showed more charm as an actor than his previous drama series.

At a press conference held just after the premiere on the 1st, Jung Ji Hoon commented regarding his character Park Il Soon, "Before I started acting this character, I was very frustrated and worried."

The 'mentally ill' Il Soon who constantly commits theft after thinking the reason his mother ran away was because of himself meets and falls in love with Young Goon (played by Lim Soo Jung) who believes herself to be a cyborg. Through Il Soon's 'serious' efforts to feed Young Goon who is suffering from anorexia, the audience soon realizes the true meaning of love.

In response to a question asking what type of ability he would steal if he was able to just as Il Soon, Jung Ji Hoon said, "I wanted to become the president when I was young. Of course that cannot be achieved by stealing someone's abilities. During the filming, I wanted to steal the director's abilities and switch the positions we were in," indirectly expressing his distress as an actor.

"It was hard to express the many different emotions in the mental hospital such as the melodrama, thrill, pain, sadness, and others. But after thinking 'this type of genre and character has never been created before so I can create it myself,' I became a little more comfortable. The character seems to be normal one second and confused in a third dimension the next. The set environment was great so I think Lim Soo Jung and I were both able to act naturally in a confused state."

Lim Soo Jung who played Cha Young Goon, a character that closes herself off from the world after being forced to part with her grandmother who believed herself to be a mouse, commented, "I had to constantly be on a diet through the filming so I was naturally able to understand Young Goon's emotions."

Lim Soo Jung who was not able to have a complete meal due to the character's anorexia said, "Whenever the meals were served, Jung Ji Hoon, the director, and even the entire staff seemed so mean. I was always hungry, always angry, and felt it was unfair that I was the only one that couldn't eat. So when Young Goon sang 'Silent food (Goyohan bap; bam-night, bap-food), Holy food (georookhan bap)' I was better able to understand her state of mind." Lim Soo Jung is said to have weighed as less as 38kg during the movie.

In regards to the character Young Goon, Lim Soo Jung said, "She is a very unrealistic character. I wasn't sure how to express her but when Song Gang Ho at the crank up ceremony told me, 'You are very lucky as an actress to have been able to meet such a character and movie. The character is a white sheet of paper that can play around freely within the fences that the director, co-stars, and staff have set up,' all my worries disappeared at once."

[Copyright © 2006 Yonhap News. All rights reserved.]
Source: http://www.broasia.com/lwboard/lwboard.php...pg=1&no=122

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home