Saturday, November 04, 2006

Singer Rain, drilling a hole in his skull for double-eyelids

03 Nov 06, Innolife.com
Kr to Ch: irbi@biwithrain
Ch to Eng: rayndrop


Singer Rain (original name: Jeong Jihoon) discloses his inferior complex about his single eyelids.

While participating in MBC TV's "Come and Play", Rain said, "I went to a plastic surgeon because of my eyes. But I was told that the structure of my eyes don't allow me to do the double eyelid operation"

"It's not because I have no fats in my lids, but because my eyes were protruding, giving them a weird, swollen appearance. They will be difficult to operate on. If I want to have my operation done, I'll need to cut a hole in my skull and withdraw my protuding eyes a little. That will be insanely expensive. Rain, who has the body of a westerner if not counting his single eyelids, decided to go for plastic surgery because JY Park said his eyes were lifeless onstage.

Kim Tae Woo, who was in the show with him, consoled Rain saying, "At least he wanted Rain to go for operation. He had one look at my eyes and immediately asked me to put on my glasses." Then, he looked into the camera and said to JY Park, "We're all under the same agency. Why are some people asked to go for operations while others are asked to put on glasses?"

After that, he added, "When Rain was making his debut, g.o.d's popularity was at its peak and made some big bucks. The agency's financial situation became better because of that. So they took the money g.o.d made and gave it to Rain for double eyelid surgery." That comment elicited a round of laughter from the audiences.

Rain said, "In comparison to women, I still like food better!"

"This is the result of Park So-and-So (JY Park)'s strict training and starving of the trainees! In particular, singers under that agency share a common trait--If they look down or unhappy, simply offer them some food and they immediately cheer up and start laughing again."

This programme which Rain and Kim Tae Woo appeared in will be broadcasted on SBS on 3rd November at 9.55pm (Korea time).

source: SoompiForums

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home