Friday, September 08, 2006

An Open Letter to Rain Philippines

To: The Administrators and Moderators

I have been one of the pioneer members of Rain Philippines and have been supportive of the group’s activities since the start. Though I had second thoughts of attending last nights General Membership Meeting because I am attending to some personal matters I heeded the request of fellow members to show support to Rain Philippines. Add to that our interest on the posting of RB and I quote “I suggest that you make time for this meeting. All those who can’t make it, with or without valid reasons, will miss an opportunity of a lifetime.”

I know I may be physically present at the location of the meeting but was not able to participate for reasons obvious to everyone present but I asked for a briefing from other members who were there when the “General Membership Meeting” was progressing. I may not have miss anything that would change the world but I missed enough that concerns my being a fan of Rain.

I am therefore exercising my right and prerogative as a member to express my disappointment on how you handled last nights meeting. To quote the RB’s posting “Be sure to read and fully understand the above statement from JYPE. “ referring to the detailed instruction from the Cloud Master as posted in the Announcement Section as well as the Club of the Rain Philippines forum:

Selection of 13 Countries’ Official Sites & Representatives

Applications are submitted with country category, and after reviewing, official sites and representatives will be selected.

1. Application submitted via Email (fan@jype.com)

2. [SUBJECT] Country + Website Name (e.g. Korea, Rain Tree)

3. [CONTENT]

- Please write the introduction of your site in a free style but make sure that you include the following required information.

/Website-related ? Country, URL, Website Name, Number of Members, Established Date, and Activity-related Particulars

/Representative-related ? Representative’s Picture, Profile, Experiences, Particulars, Mission Statement, Management Plans, Message to JYPE, and Message to Rain.

I have read the said notice countless times but I see no limiting statement stating “Only the Website/Forum Administrators and/or Moderators are qualified to be a Country Representative.

As such you should at least ask the consensus of those present if your decision that you alone has the right to be a Country Representative is acceptable to everyone. A meeting is supposed to be an exchange of ideas and opinions but from what I gathered you only made a statement that could have been posted in the Announcement Section and saved the members time. And for arguments sake that you alone has the right isn’t it our own right to hear what your mission statement and plans if you were chosen as Country Representative for Cloud Philippines.

You have made it your decision to be our leader in the Philippines so I am expecting leadership qualities from you. Will you be willing to do the following for us:

1. To love and give your all only for Rain and no other Korean artist.
2. Represent the Philippines in meetings, leadership trainings and other events that will be called by JYPE and/or Rain in Korea or any other country that they will choose.
3. To be pro-active in promoting Rain and Cloud Philippines by being our front liner in fan meetings, concerts and interviews not just by local media but internationally as well if need arises.
4. Be the first to wear group shirts, hold the country flag and banners in all Rain related activities.
5. Be the initiator in finding ways to sustain Rain’s popularity in the Philippines to gain more clout in the international fan base.

I assumed you called the meeting because of the time constraints in having the group recognized. But I see the lack of direction and preparation coming from your group as an indicator of what the future looks like for Cloud Philippines.

Lastly I did not express my thoughts in public because I want the position for myself. I will be the first to admit that I will fail in the first two (2) criteria’s I enumerated but I love and support Rain in my own way and I feel it’s to everyone’s good interest that I remain a paying member of Cloud Philippines.

Beyond the glory and prestige of being a Cloud Country Representative lays a big responsibility to JYPE, Rain and all the fans of Rain in our country. I sincerely hope that you will take your time to review your intentions act according to what is right for the entire group.

Sincerely yours,

Marissa S. Pascual

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOU GO GIRL!!! AJA!~~~

happybi ^^

12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

May your voice be heard and may they see reason!!!

Fighting!!

Kim

2:18 AM  
Blogger marissa said...

Thank you for the support, I'm really touched!

11:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home