Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Blame It On The Rain

There's nothing better than a rainy day to make my thoughts wander and what life has been for me. Of course we all have some rough patches to go through now and then but all those things are bearable because I have friends ~ true, genuine friends who I can count on to be with me in good times and in bad.

And who would have imagined that some of the best people that have touched my life will come from my admiration for singer/actor Rain. Along my constant search for what's the latest about him, I bump into random names in the net whose persona I've gotten to know after meeting them in person. For this reason alone I doubt if I could ever erase Bi from my heart. A few years down the road he may opt to do other things and live a life away from our prying eyes. Or I may outgrow this phase and move on with my life. But I will always treasure the "friendship" that I gained.

And as the rain continue to pound outside my window may the RAIN that inspire us find the same gift of friendship in those around him. And before I get to mushy here I leave you with this poem and hope you say a little thanks those who you hold dear to your heart......

There Are Some Friends We Hold Close To Our Hearts

As we walk our path of life,
we meet people everyday.
Most are simply met by chance,
but some are sent our way.
These become the special friends
whose bond we can't explain ~
the ones who understand us
and share our joy and pain.
Their love contains no boundaries,
so even when apart,
their presence still embraces us
with a warmth felt in the heart.
This love becomes a passageway
where even miles disappear.
And so these friends life sends our way
remain forever near.

- Lisa Pelzer Vetter

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marissa,

Feeling sentimental? I've been feeling this way for a while now. Thank you for this post of yours. My perception of friendship is being echo by you so that is comforting to know.

Kim ^^

9:01 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Hi Kim,

So we share the same wavelength too, but isn't it nice to have moments of contemplation.

Take care....

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marissa,

You bet!

Kim =)

9:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home