Tuesday, July 25, 2006

An Appeal To Rain Take 2

Dearest Rain,

You included our country, Philippines as possible venue for your Asian Tour. For my peace of mind at that of your countless fans, I plead that you take note of my humble suggestions when you start negotiating with a local promoter.

  • Do not accept live tv guestings especially on noontime shows, game shows and gag (comedy) shows. A taped interview will be more appropriate for you.
  • If it cannot be avoided makes sure that they will assign a credible host to conduct the interview.
  • Ask your manager to give them an idea on how interviews are being done in your country. Make them aware that physical contact like hugging and kissing are not the norm but handshakes will not be a problem. Although we are asians, our culture is different from yours. We are more western in our ways but then again if you want to prepare for your entry in the States then go ahead and give us the signal that it's ok to give you a peck on your cheek.
  • We will highly appreciate if they can arrange for a meet and greet but it would be better if it can be coordinated with your legitimate fan club(s) here in the Philippines. Sadly when such things are left in the hands of the promoter, only their friends and relatives will be present and your real fans will be left outside crying buckets of tears for having missed the opportunity to see you.
I'm sure my fellow filipino biers will have a say on this and will make their own comments so if you happen to come accross my blog please read their contributions as well.

5 Comments:

Blogger charity said...

thats a very appropriate appeal i may say! Very well said! I canot imagine Bi to bring home a bayong or even a shirt from a noontime show program..its not pleasingm to the eye ...sort of an eyesore i may say and please...it reduces the poise and grace!

6:41 PM  
Blogger Miss Cheah said...

Hi Marissa,

Actually it is really thoughtful and considerate of you to give Rain (or people from his management) an idea of the culture and practices in your country when it comes to interview protocol. I am sure he would have people monitoring sites written about him and they would pick up your appeal. I think that if he comes to my country, he too would need to make some cultural adjustments. Kudos to you for your foresight in forewarning him of things to come should he decide to perform in your country.

7:12 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

cha,

The Rain I know is appreciative of gifts given by fans no matter how simple they are but I hope promoters or stations that will co-sponsor any event of his will do better than a crappy shirt with the station ID. After all they made a lot of money because of his previous works.

7:29 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Li Na,

Fisrt let me say I love your new photo. And thanks for appreciating my appeal to his management. I just want to make sure that his stay (if ever) will be full of beautiful memories.

7:31 PM  
Blogger marissa said...

Pau,

I've forgotten about JYP's guesting in EB and Bi was still a dancer then. I'm sure he will remember the host so there might be no problem there.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home