Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Rain Latest Phone Interview on Time 100 Very Happy

Rain reveals his feelings about being in the TIME 100 in this phone interview.

"I feel like a frog who finally got out of the deep well. Now I have to decide if I want to go into the river or into the ocean." Rain, who was recently named as the TIME 100 most influential people of 2006, compared himself to a frog who just got out of the deep well to mean that he has so much more to do in the future.

Rain had this phone interview with Star News on May 1st. He mentioned that "He is very satified but also very anxious and that this is just the beginning so he is going to have to work harder."

The next is Rain's interview.

Interviewer: You are the first Korean Entertainment star to be part of the TIME 100, how do you feel?

Rain: I was very suprised when I heard the news. It is so meaningful to me. This is all because all of my Korean fans and all my staff who have helped me get here. At first, I thought of my mother, and Park Jin Young gave me a chance through the audition when I was nothing. JYP Entertainment staff have helped me in many ways for me to be here so I want to thank my JYP family. I am very glad that my entrance into the American market is off to a great start so I am very satisfied but also anxious. This is the beginning so I feel that I have to work harder.

I: Last February's New York concert and being part of the TIME 100 must be a totally different feeling.

R: I was very happy then, but I am so much happier now. TIME 100 list is comprised not only of entertainers but it also includes politicians and businessmen so I feel very honored.

I: What do you think was the highest scored quality of yourself that TIME has accepted?

R: I believe that my Asian tour has been a great asset for me. I have the knowledge that there are about 15000000 Asian in the US, and due to this huge population of Asian there is an influence of Asian culture even in the US. I also believe that my announcement of releasing an album in the US was a big influence. Seeing that I was able be included in the internet poll along with Director Ang Lee, I believe that Asians are becoming a cultural influence even in the US. Asian culture will soon be well excepted in the US so I will have to very work hard.

I: Your family and the people around you must have been very happy for you.

R: My father was very happy. He said that honor is the most important thing so don't become greedy and work harder and better. Even for me, receiving an award like this doesn't make my shoulders light, it makes it heavier.

I: Are you confident about entering the American market?

R: I was able to show them what RAIN has done so far. I feel like I am stil a newbie and I am glad that I have long way to go in order to reach the top. It seems that the name Rain has been spread very wide but it cannot be said that Rain is the best in Asia. America is a place where I can go in. I believe that American and Chinese media is thinking that since Rain is in the TIME 100, Rain will release his album in the US next year and do something very meaningful. In one way I am very nervous and confident about that idea but I am also very afraid. In the beginning, I remembered my first appearance four years ago, I think on April 28th, on Show Music Tank on KMTV music program. At that time, my only wish was to win a trophy by becoming 1st place, and now I feel like a frog that finally escaped the deep well. Now he has to decide if he want to go to the river or the ocean.

I: I think that being part of the TIME 100 list will help your release of an english album.

R: I think it will be greater than just help. Many people are wondering what kind of goal I have set and how I networked in order to get more votes in the TIME poll compared to famous Americans stars such as Kanye West and George Clooney. I think that they were very surprised. But I am very glad that I will be able to meet very many famous people at the TIME dinner party.

I: Will the American album be released in September as planned?

R: I think that it will be very hard for me to release and album this year. If I release an album in the US, I have to be active in the US for at least 6 to 7 months, but since I have already set up my 2nd annual tour to start at the end of this year and ends in the middle of next year I think the english album will have to wait till after my tour is over.

I: Michelle Wie is also part of the TIME 100. Have you ever met her?

R: No I have never met her, but I am proud because she is also Korea.

I: How is your english studies progressing?

R: I am hoping that by the end of this year, my english will be much better. Right now I am very busy with my movie shoots, so I am not able to have my private english tutor. I plan on starting the private lessons again after the movie shoot is over.

I: How is your first movie shoot?

R: Shooting the movie is very fun. Because the director is Park Chan Wook so I am very glad, and I think it's going to be a very fun moie. I am very thankful because I am able to shoot my first movie with Director Park Chan Wook and it is a lot of fun.

I: If there was a goal you set out for this year?

R: My plan was to "live like a normal guy." I wanted to find a girlfriend, hang out with my friends, and go out for delicious food. I also wanted to travel and enjoy the fun things. But I think it will not happen again this year because my schedule is packed till next year.


I: Lastly, a word to your fans.

R: THE FACT THAT I AM HERE IS ALL THANKS TO MY CLOUDS!!! I WOULD LIKE TO GIVE A WARM THANX TO MY FANS WHO ARE MOTHERS FOR ALWAYS CHEERING ME ON~~~~


from JYPE
Thanks to Jinlees of soompi for the translation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home