Thursday, February 09, 2006

Finally A Voice of Calm and Reason

JYP's message to Cloud members

Last week, the greatest storm in my life hit me.
"Rain marches into US, Korean wave hits US"

One year ago, I successfully entered the US market by getting involved in the production of Mase and Will Smith’s albums. But how did things get blown up like that now?
Come to think of it, it's the influence of the US media.
We worship the opinions of the US media, even more than the Americans themselves.
During our long period of hard work, the US entertainment media can release some factual news about Rain.
But the performance this time is not for the US media. Nor is it for the US public.
The concert was meant for Rain's fans and some record companies in the US.
The people in these record companies all know about Rain’s songs, dance, and some of the music he has done in the states.
They've heard Rain’s CD, and have seen his music video and concert DVD.
These are the people who invited me to work with their artistes in the area of music creation
They also have a clear idea of the kind of music Rain and I plan to develop in the US in future.

P.Diddy’s record company, PAPPER Mase, has bought a song that I've composed for his album.
They've also added some featuring to the song I composed for Omarion, and expressed positive interests in my music.
JOJO has also bought one of my songs for his next album.
Omarion has completed recording one of my song, and has requested me to write two more songs for him.
Their record companies know my songs and have bought several of my compositions.
Jive record company also entrusted me with production of the album for their 4-member pop group "Deep Side".

It seems like these people in the record companies are not affected by the US news reports.
They are no longer concerned about the articles written by the US media.
There are only two things on their mind

1. They want to see Rain in the flesh, to experience his LIVE performance and his popularity
2. They want to know how serious is Rain into learning English

After the concert, their response was that Rain possessed the charisma and style of a megastar.

Certainly, there are many areas where Rain will still need to improve on. However, they were very impressed by how hard he tries to use and learn English.

We're not ignoring the opinions of the US media, but we are concern about Cloud members who are worried for us with regards to this matter.

So I'm telling everyone now, please don’t worry about us.

Lastly, no matter how huge this matter blows up, we will not let the fans down.
I want to thank Rain, and tell him how proud I am of him.
Rain often tells me, "between the two of us, one of us will surely collapse soon."
But I tell Rain, "this is not the time to collapse yet. Hold on! We must hold on!!"

A ZA A ZA FIGHTING~~~~

~JYP

credit jinlees@soompi
Kr to Ch: Rainchina
Ch to Eng: Rayndrop

=================================================================

I've read a lot of comments and angry retorts from Rain fans in various boards I visit in response to the negative reviews for It's Raining" in MSG. Some even went as far as writing the critics but in my opinion there is truth to some of the things written. I'm relieved that finally JYP has decided to post the above-mentioned message. I know it a long, hard journey if they really want to make it big and catch the attention of the american public but reading between the lines, they are willing to take the challenge.

I'm looking forward to his next album and will continue to support the artist that I came to love ----RAIN----

1 Comments:

Blogger Flor said...

I agree with what you said. there will always be comparissons and knowing the americans, they love to exaggerate when it comes to reviews, although i doubt if the author is a true blue american himself. at least JYP was honest enough to admit that Rain has a long way to go especially when it comes to conversing in english. whatever te outcome would be, i know JYP will never leave JYPs side. he will always be there to support Rain no matter what.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home